- One Straw Revolution by Masanobu Fukuoka
- Small is Beautiful by E. F. Schumacher
- The Humanure Handbook by Joseph C. Jenkins
- The Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
- Introduction to Permaculture by Bill Mollison and Reny Mia Slay
- Permaculture in a Nutshell by Patrick Whitefield
- the world according to monsanto-full length documentary – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87qrTXZaXkk
- http://www.agriculturesnetwork.org/magazines/india – downloadable magazines on low external input sustainable farming in India. Excellant resource!
- http://www.ecotippingpoints.org/our-stories/indepth/india-rajasthan-rainwater-harvest-restoration-groundwater-johad.html – a great article on water conservation in Rajasthan
Organisations and Institutions to connect and learn from
- http://www.sahajasamrudha.org – Sahaja Samrudha Bangalore. farmer initiated group to exchange ideas, seeds and share knowledge on sustainable agriculture. Seed savers
- www.dailydump.org – Bangalore, India. manage your household waste and composting (urban spaces)
- www.navdanya.org – Dehradun, Uttaranchal, India. Seeds, food safety – led by Dr Vandana Shiva
- http://rainwaterclub.org – Bangalore, India. rainwater harvesting – Led by C. Vishwanath.
- http://www.sosorganics.com/foundation.htm – SOS foundation. Uttarakhand., India. Follow Fukuoka clay pellets methods.
- http://www.timbaktu.org – The Timbaktu Collective – Ananthpur, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- http://ddsindia.com – Deccan Development Society, is a two and half decade old grassroots organisation working in about 75 villages with women’s Sanghams (voluntary village level associations of the poor) in Medak District of Andhra Pradesh.
- http://biodynamics.in – Bio-dynamic Association of India, Auroville, Tamil Nadu, India.
- http://www.arghyam.org – Arghyam, Bangalore, India. a public charitable foundation setup with an endowment from Rohini Nilekani, working in the water and sanitation sector in India since 2005. ‘Arghyam’ is a Sanskrit word meaning ‘Offering’.
- http://www.indiawaterportal.org/ – The name says it all. Great resource to learn on water in India.
- http://ofai.org/ – Organic Farmers Association of India, set up to promote organic farming, lobby with government agencies and departments to pay more attention to sustainable agriculture, and assist farmers using chemicals and pesticides to convert successfully to organic farming methods.
- www.earth360.in – Andhra Pradesh, India. Run by Dinesh specifically on millets.
- http://janapada.net/hosa_jeevana_daari.html – Janapada Seva Trust – in melkote, mandya, Karnataka. Creating a working model of sustainable organic farming to demonstrate that such a venture is both possible and desirable as a lifestyle existence.
- http://www.navadarshanam.org/mission.html – Navadarshanam – Tally, Tamil nadu – 50 km from Bangalore – an intentional community that is exploring and adopting holistic and natural ways of fulfilling outer and inner needs.
- http://www.acres-wild.com – Acres Wild – coonoor, ooty, 22 acre, family run cheese making and farm stay.
- http://www.wwoofindia.org/home.htm – WWOOF provides a way for volunteers (WWOOFers) to learn about organic food, farming, and ways of life.
- http://www.vanashree.in/index.htm – Vanashree, an 8 acre farm, organically and naturally nurtured since 2006. located at Maralwadi, 50 kms from Bangalore, is very close to Bannerghatta forest range and surrounded by gently wooded hills. One can visit them to learn more
- http://www.permacultureindia.com/ – Aranya Agricultural Alternatives is an environmental and developmental organization led by Narsanna Koppula the permaculture pioneer in India.
- http://www.viacampesina.org/en/ – La Via Campesina – International Peasant’s Movement (Great work
- http://www.sustainablefoodtrust.org/author/sustainable-food-trust/ – Bristol, Britain. On sustainable food – great articles and videos.
- http://www.rodale.com – Rodale news, USA
- http://www.thestop.org/ – Toronto, Cananda. Community food centre. Food bank. Resourceful.
- http://www.centerforfoodsafety.org/ – USA, The Center for Food Safety | Protecting Human Health and the Environment
- http://www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com/category/organic-issues/ – Organic Issues | Maria’s Farm Country Kitchen, USA
- http://www.oaec.org/permaculture-design – Occidental Arts and Ecology Center (OAEC), California. Great resource on permaculture and water
- http://www.transitionnetwork.org/support/what-transition -initiative – a community-led process that helps that town/village/city/neighbourhood become stronger and happier. by transitioning to a lower energy future.